Welcome to Wizard101 Chronicles

Welcome to my Wizard101 Blog. I am Cody Soulmender. I am a proud Mercenary for Hire. I also have crazy things happen to me around the spiral, so I thought I would just make a blog about it! This is my first blog, so please bare with me. There will be more to come. :)
Contact by Email: wizard101chronicles@gmail.com
~Cody Soulmender

Friday, August 19, 2011

Dampen Magic Exploit, say whaa?

Hi guys!  This is my first actual post sharing something new from around the spiral.
Today, at around midnight EST, 8/19/11, an exploit was released about the treasure card Dampen Magic.  A wizard was selling tons of these cards in the bazaar, and not in a good way, and many people got their hands on this what used to be EXTREMELY rare treasure card, that is not so rare anymore.  It seems to be that over 500 of these cards were leaked.  You can find a thread as to how wizards are trying to burn these cards as people are starting to sell these, and when they sell the card, it loses it's potential value that it once had.
Here is a link to what Atticus is attempting to setup to try to destroy these bad cards from the spiral.
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199082
So here is my question to you,
How do you feel about burning these treasures, if you bought them?  I purchased about 30 of them when this was happening, and they costed over 150k gold in game to buy 30.  Do you think we should attempt to save/hoard them, or destroy them?  This isn't just for me, this is a question that could be answered for everyone who got their hands on this card when this was happening.  This card, Dampen Magic, was the most rare card in the game.  It sold for over 5000 forum gold on Wizard101 Central.  However, now that this occurred, Lifebane is the most rare card in the game unless KI is going to get rid of the Dampen Magics received a few hours ago from the exploit.

If you don't know what Dampen Magic is, here is a picture of the card.

Thanks to the Wizard101 Central Wiki for the image.
Anyhoo, the card when casted is basically a bubble.  It looks just like Power Play.  However, when casted, this card only lets you be able to have 3 pips (6 counting Power Pips).  So, say you are Storm, and you have Triton, you can only use it if you have 3 power pips.  You can't use Storm Lord because you only have 3 pips.  However, if you have another bubble, you can replace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment